Early Orthodontic Treatment: Braces for Young Kids
Some orthodontic conditions are simply easier to correct if they’re corrected early. And knowing that your child might need corrective dental work, or not need corrective dental work simply offers peace of mind. Interceptive orthodontic treatment is all about preventing more severe problems later on. It provides the opportunity for an orthodontist to have control over where the permanent teeth come in by addressing the structure of the jaw and teeth while the primary teeth are still in the mouth. By age seven, your child’s mouth has grown enough and has enough sound structure to know how it will develop as the permanent teeth start to emerge.
Benefits Of Early Orthodontic Treatment:
- A better prognosis for how the permanent teeth will develop
- The ability to correct any habits that may be the cause of development problems, such as thumb sucking or tongue pushing
- Correcting bite problems like an open bite, cross bite or deep bite
- The ability to guide the growth of the jaw to accommodate emerging teeth
- Lowering the risk of damage to any protruding teeth
- The ability to improve your child’s appearance
- Creating a more pleasing and functional arrangement of teeth, lips and face
- Alleviating future, and possibly more invasive, dental correction
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence in your child
Even if your child doesn’t need orthodontic treatment, a consultation from Elms Orthodontics gives you the opportunity to become more comfortable with what an orthodontist can do to help your child if future treatment is necessary. We want to see your entire family smile for a lifetime. Building a relationship with us when your child young is just one of the ways we can make sure of those lasting smiles.